Whether it’s playing on the jungle gym, going to the Zoo, rocking babies or helping behind the scenes, you are directly affecting a child’s life.
Click here for volunteer groups or entertainment programs »
- All volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. (Under 16? Join the Junior Board.)
- Complete 3 hour volunteer orientation before you start (offered monthly).
- Commit to a minimum of 2 scheduled hours a week.*
- Perform a minimum of 40 hours of service.
- Submit a reference letter from someone unrelated.
- Receive a Tuberculosis screening test (provided at orientation, free of charge).
- If 18 or older, allowing Ranken Jordan to perform a background check.
*Ranken Jordan cannot provide court-mandated community service hours.
Areas of Interest
Here are some of the activities you can choose from. Depending on the area of service your shift can be 2 to 3 hours.
- Helping a child in the pool for Aqua Therapy
- Supporting a child in their Therapy session
- Help keep therapy toys and equipment clean
- Helping in the nursery
- Rocking and playing with babies
- Interact with teens and young adults
- Help us keep the hospital clean
- Stocking and organizing supplies
- Help with laundry
- Administrative support
- Help with fundraising or events
- Assist with
- Help plan group time activities such as,
- Art therapy
- Music therapy
- Infant massage
- Sporting events
- Encourage kids to get out of bed and interact with friends